IFRS17 In Your Future
Welcome to Virtual ACTUARY
The hi-tech approach
Virtual Actuary is a firm of highly experienced actuaries ready to work along side your existing team, in any of your insurance, banking or investments projects.
New Tech and a revolutionary method
New technology enables actuaries to perform their services independently and offsite. With clients under pressure to reduce costs, leading to reduced actuarial departments. Global shortage of actuaries means a new Virtual workforce of actuaries is the future of work.
We believe that one can pre-empt
a future outcome by utilising
a system of proven techniques
and a team of experts who specialise
in the science of uncertainty.
We exact, accurate, correct,
error-free, specific, detailed,
unambiguous, definitive, particular,
rigorous, strict, and methodical.
Actuarial science is any and
all of the above.
We aim to provide realistic solutions
to complex problems with a long
term forward look.
Click on one of the sections to read more.
IFRS17 policy and methodology
- We can provide a list of IFRS17 policy and methodology choices that you have to make
- Drafting of P&M papers
- P&M investigations and Impact assessment of various P&M choices
IFRS17 architectural design and business requirements
- Identifying new components required
- Identifying existing components that can be leveraged
- Drafting a target operating model under the new IFRS17 environment
IFRS17 vendor assessments
- Assisting with drafting requests for proposals to IFRS17 vendors
- Summarising the architectural components offered by various vendors from vendor proposals
- Proposing combinations of components from various vendors that will fill the gaps in your current systems architecture
IFRS17 vendor implementation (configuration and validation)
- Assisting with understanding data input requirements
- Assisting with the initial transformation of data to vendor input requirements
- Assisting with configuration of the system
- Drafting testing strategies for user acceptance testing
- Hands-on help with automating the functional testing process
IFRS17 data transformations & ETL automation
- Building robust data staging platforms
- Assisting with establishing the logic required to transform company data to vendor specific input formats
- Automating data transformations with the latest software on the market
IFRS17 CSM prototype model builds
- We offer ready to use CSM prototype models
- We can also assist with building CSM prototype models
- We can assist with leveraging current models you have internally to develop your own CSM prototype models
IFRS17 transition software (to automate transition calculations)
- Assistance with developing a transition strategy
- Assistance with managing the data required for transition calculations
- We provide ready to use software which can automate the IFRS17 roll-forward calculations from inception to transition date
Here you can discover our own in-house expert articles.
Affinity Initiative and Virtual Actuary have announced that their partnership will bring a host of Actuarial services and capabilities to market. This partnership will allow Affinity Initiative to support the senior team at Virtual Actuary as they come to market in and around the London Re/Insurance activity. Affinity Initiative will be able to facilitate all arrangements with prospective clients and help both parties undertake the required due diligence and procurement processes. The proposal now in place is relevant and beneficial to businesses and Actuarial teams across the market, be they Brokers, Carriers, MGA’s or other participants. “We are very excited to partner with Virtual Actuary, a company with vast experience in this space. With this announcement we are continuing to...
With lockdown changing the way we work, and many starting new ventures, we sought Adi's advice. Adi Kaimowitz has been through it all. As founder and CEO of Virtual Actuary, he knows the trials and tribulations of starting a business and a successful one at that....
On this episode of the Meet the Marketeers podcast, we chat about New Age Marketing Strategies with Adi Kaimowitz from Virtual Actuary - plus news and insight from the only marketing podcast on the internet. The News 2:50 - The wrong and the real of marketing...
Our comprehensive services are at your disposal.
IFRS17 Policy & methodology, architectural design & business requirements, vendor assessments, vendor implementation (configuration & validation), data transformations & ETL automation, CSM prototype model builds & transition software (to automate transition calculations).
Non-life General Insurance
Reserving, Capital modelling, Pricing, Risk management and Solvency II’ We provide a full and comprehensive service offering covering among other things.
We have access to a variety of top actuarial investment experts and juniors, and projects we have been involved in have been far from standard.
Individual and Group Life.
We provide a full and comprehensive service offering.
Wider Fields, Telco AND Advanced Analytics
At Virtual Actuary, our advanced data analytics team takes your data security extremely seriously. We use end to end encryption, secure and POPIA-compliant storage facilities.
Estimation of IBNR (Incurred but not reported) Claim Liabilities, loss ratio and claims utilisation studies, reserving and modelling.
Meet Our Experts
Our team of experts offers a comprehensive range of actuarial services founded on a depth of experience acquired locally and globally.
“I do actuarial stuff.”
Principal Data Scientist
“I’ll help you get the data to make sense.”
Pierre Chandre Pelser
Life and Big Data Actuary – Manager
“Being an actuary is a privilege. I want to make a difference in the lives of South Africans.”
Global head of Life, Reinsurance and ERM
“Let’s really talk about Enterprise Risk, Solvency and other fun related topics.”
“Passionate about IFRS17 and getting you over the line before 2023!”
“A seasoned Investment professional who enjoys the challenge in everything he does.”
Quants and Risk Analyst
“Each assignment will impact so many people’s lives, how amazing is that!”
Tania Van Der Merwe
Insurance Valuations and Regulatory Manager
“If you look closely, you will realise those big companies are run by people”
Thinus van der Merwe
Life Product Design and Pricing Manager
In the News
Here are some stories featuring Virtual Actuary in the news.
Virtual Actuary video and social media.
Get In Touch
Please use the email form below to contact us.